Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

For All the Clips and Bows

This was another birthday present. Tis the season for birthday parties I guess. For this one, I decided to make a frame for hair clips and bows.
 It took me a while to find a frame that would work. I finally located this one at Michaels in the wood section- it is a 12x12 scrapbooking frame.
 First I painted it. If I hadn't forgotten that I had used up all of my sandpaper on the kitchen project and hadn't restocked, I would have sanded first.
 Next I hotglued ribbon from the back of the frame. I went with two different sizes, because hair clips come in many different sizes.
 Purely because I could, I covered up my lose ends with more ribbon. This step is entirely unnecessary, but gave the project a more finished look.
 This is how it looked from the front.
Finally I added embellishments and a couple of simple flower clips. Like my editing? I did that in Paint. Someday I shall get Photoshop. You can put whatever name you want on the frame, or just add more (or less) embellishments to suit your tastes or decorating scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment