Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Popcorn Popping!

 I have been in going through a popcorn phase. The kind where I keep looking at recipes online for gourmet popcorn and drooling (which is actually a bit ridiculous if you think about it, since the doctor put me on a diet to lower my triglycerides and I haven't been able to actually eat any of the popcorn- my family has enjoyed my latest obsession). This first picture is just plain caramel popcorn- kind of like the stuff that comes out of those large canisters you can buy at holiday times. Since I grew up making the sticky kind (very tasty secret family recipe I should post someday, but definitely not until after I can eat some of it too), so it was fun to learn how to make the other kind. The recipe is just the first half of the last popcorn pictured.
 This would be the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn from Two Peas & their Pod found here. The peanut butter lovers in the house enjoyed it.
This one is the second half of the popcorn pictured at the top- the Twix Caramel Popcorn (also Two Peas & their Pod here). The first time I didn't have any Twix to put in it, but I made sure to pick some up so I could make it again. There is just something about the thought of eating Twix and caramel popcorn at the same time that appeals to me. The official review- messy, but tasty (i.e. not for sharing with small children and their sticky fingers).

No comments:

Post a Comment